FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MB European Delivery Program – An Adventure on Wheels
Old May 13, 2017, 8:03 pm
allset2travel

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Part 6 Schloss Neuschwanstein

It seemed like I have been wining about the rain since we left Sindelfingen. Seriously, it had been non-stop so far. Is it likely that an El Nino type wet weather happened here in Germany? Nah! Never.

This morning, we went hiking up the hill to the Schloss Neuschwanstein and Marienbrucke. As we approached the bridge, a strong gust of wind blew my umbrella to pieces. Despite the weather and low season, the crowd did not reflect that. Why? Because this is Schloss Neuschwanstein!

Sample images from Schwangau

When we reached Marienbrucke, we were greeted with stronger wind on top of the rain! Nonetheless, the bridge was packed. I shouldered my way onto the bridge and quickly took a few shots. Could you imagine if this was in the summer! I couldn’t remember it was this crowded last time I was here during late summer.

Image of Marienbrucke and the crowd

The crowd were here for a reason, and this is it…. Worth the hike!

We quit earlier than we planned. We trekked back downhill via a different route just to see something different. It was different alright. Not a paved path! Just sand, rock and dirt. Our shoes took a beating!

Now that we were down to the town area, we popped in to a restaurant for a late lunch which was much needed after the long hike up and down. Unfortunately the food here was .... meh! The goulash soup was delish!

Next up: A drive around the beautiful Schwangau area.

Photo of St. Coloman Church, Schwangau.