FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What happens to partner award tickets on AB ticket stock, if AB goes out of business?
Old May 11, 2017, 3:54 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by erik123
Though a long time ago - I remember that under certain circumstances some Ansett Australia tickets were accepted by QF, SQ and a few others. I believe UA did not cancel Aloha award tickets when they went under.
I found this Qantas travel advisory issued on September 14 2001, the day that Ansett grounded its fleet.

Customers holding Ansett tickets issued before September 13 for travel on Qantas flights had these tickets honoured. I can only imagine that, given the limited relationship between Qantas and Ansett, the number of such Ansett tickets issued for Qantas flights was quite small....

All other tickets were not valid for being endorsed onto Qantas flights.

For customers on pure Ansett tickets who had already commenced travel and were "stranded", Qantas endeavoured to accomodate stranded Ansett-ticketed passengers up to the following Thursday only on a space-available basis. This, however, probably reflects the unique nature of the domestic Australian market and there are scant parallels with the Italian or German markets...I can't see Lufthansa either deciding out of the goodness of their heart to accept AB tickets, or being required by the German government to do so.

Last edited by irishguy28; May 11, 2017 at 4:05 am