FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:21 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by 747FC
Great TR, as always, JR!

If you have time in Kyoto, dinner at Yazuya Isshinkyo is an authentic treat. Brought there by a Japanese friend/colleague, and it was remarkable.
Thank you very much for your kind words, 747FC!
Unfortunately I'm already back in Europe but I've bookmarked your restaurant suggestion for my next visit.

Originally Posted by Purim
Is your intention that your socks match your pants or that your pants match your socks?
LOL Purim, good question!
I'll give it some thought over the weekend...

Originally Posted by DanielW
Another great adventure at the front of the plane, JohnRain!

Looks like you got to enjoy some seriously tasty Japanese cuisine, both above and on the ground. I hope the St Regis Osaka has plenty of welcome surprises for you too.

Looking forward to the next update.
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic comment, DanielW!
There's (much) more Japanese cuisine coming and yes, the St Regis had a nice surprise in store for us as we celebrated Mrs JohnRain's birthday there...

Originally Posted by jbeans
St. Regis Osaka is one of my favorite hotels in the world, simply because of the shower! (the service and the view are not bad either) Excited to see your experience!
Thanks for your comment jbeans. The St Regis Osaka is a great property indeed, but what was it about the shower that you liked so much?