FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old May 9, 2017, 1:42 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by Tifosi
Great report, JohnRain! It's only been 10 weeks since I was last in Japan but those sushi pictures are enough to get me looking at flights...
Thanks for your compliment, Tifosi!
I can SO understand where you're coming from...

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
@Tifosi , Same here! Was in Japan in Jan but now I'm drooling again in the office! This TR should not be read in public settings.

Heading to Philippines/SE Asia in July but now will try to get there via a stopover in Tokyo
Haha BESVISOR, is there another way to fly to SE Asia than via Tokyo?

Originally Posted by farbster
Terrific report as always.

We were just in Japan in March and one of our guides said he'd rather not guide during the Sakura as it is too crowded.

After our dinner at Dons de la Nature, the chef/owner helped make sure we got into the proper uber. Such nice assistance.

And yes, I think Japan is super-clean. We barely saw a trash can and people just took their own garbage until they found a trash can. If only people were half that tidy here in USA.
Thanks so much, farbster...
Sakura is definitely too crowded but worth it nevertheless IMO.
I used to think that my home country (Switzerland) was clean and civilised, but Japan is on another level. Simply amazing.

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
+1
Thanks JohnRain .
Hmmm , 10 weeks .. It ' s not even a week for us !! , but thinking of Kyoto in fall / winter along with Amanemu ..

Serious planning will be while jet lagging in PNW or on Alaska cruise in about 3 weeks ..
Haha, thanks FlyerEC! Good luck with the planning...
I do miss Japan as well already.

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Still getting some very mixed reviews on Amanemu from clients. Seems slightly boring, too.

Decided to skip Nemu for Kyoto instead when visited Aman Tokyo.
Sounds like a sensible move, BESVISOR. ^

Originally Posted by SAtraveller
This is an amazing trip report, JohnRain - though I read all of your contributions. Thanks for the great pictures and commentary!
Thank you so much for your kind words, SAtraveller, really glad that you like my reports!

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Yes , SAtraveller & +1 , waiting patiently for rest of TR

Nemu , the place for relaxing .. Onsen !!
Remember sited in National park like N'oi but not as remote as there is " development " nearby including a golf course .
Will repeat visits combining with Kyoto like last week ' s trip .

Will attempt to post TR ' soon ' .
Thanks for your comment, FlyerEC, the next installment will be online soon. Looking forward to reading your report as well...

[QUOTE=MA330;28283207]
Originally Posted by gaobest

Not quite sure about this - ...if it's a rental, don't be gentle

How did you like the exhaust? It does come with the extra sports exhaust. Costs another 2000€+...

Thanks for this nice report!
I certainly wasn't gentle, MA330, and the exhaust worked overtime as I only drove in S+...
Thanks for your kind comment!

Update: the next installment will be online on Thursday.

Last edited by JohnRain; May 9, 2017 at 1:52 am