FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Running to New York via Delta First Class for Alaska Airlines MVP Status
Old May 5, 2017, 8:38 pm
worldtraveller73

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
New York City
Day 3

Since this was a short weekend trip, it was time to leave on our third day. On the morning of departure, we took a quick walk up to the Flat Iron building. There was some morning light coming through the buildings which made viewing quite picturesque.

We took a quick walk through Eataly again this morning to collect some olive oil. We happened to see Mr Henry Winkler (“The Fonz”) enjoying a proscuitto meal. I had happened to see him on NBC Morning show by Rockefeller Square earlier in the day giving out Hatchables to the Christmas crowd spectators other wise I wouldn’t have recognized him.

It was a beautiful morning as we walked the short distance back from Flatiron back through Union Square to the hotel. The neighborhood here is much more enjoyable than Times Square or Grand Central where many other hotels are located.

We took a Carmel car from the Hotel to LaGuardia Terminal C. Our driver collected us in a Toyota Avalon and we were through Manhattan and over to LaGuardia within less than 30 minutes.

All in, New York City is a great place to visit for a weekend or a week. It’s one of the places that is always on the list of cities to visit in my book. The stay at the W Union Square was okay - not too spectacular but so conveniently located in a nice neighborhood that I'd seriously consider staying a second time even through the breakfast was odd and the restaurant inside let me down.