FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few stars in Provence and other nice things
Old May 4, 2017, 3:27 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Le Petit Nice - Marseille

Time for Lunch!
After Notre Dame de la garde we made our way to Le Petit Nice – Passedat. The restaurant got his first star in 1977, the second in 1981 and the third in 2008. As a 3 star I had to try it...
The way to Le Petit Nice which is also a hotel is “romantic”. First I nearly missed the entrance as the street is very small.

I took this picture later, at the time of my visit the street was full with parked cars and it was very difficult to drive thru. After I handled this problem I had to pass a second street which was even narrower. It was barely possible to pass it with my A6, with a S-Class or a SUV I doubt itīs really possible. Next time I would probably park on the main street and walk. At least I wouldnīt drive it with my car and itīs sharp tyres.

After we reached the gate it opened and a bell boy took our car. The hotel/ restaurant is beautiful located with direct seaview.

The restaurant is bright, but not really fancy.

In fact it shows some wear and tear and is in need of a renovation.

Therefor the view from our table was great, even if it was such sunny that I had to eat with my sunglasses.

So so non-alcoholic cocktail:

We took the Lunch-menu which is priced with 100,00 € per person. That was what we got:

Nice start

Good bread with seaweed.

The oyster was very strong in taste, carpaccio was fine. My company didnīt like both and couldnīt even eat the oyster. Sad, but I doubled my experience....

A fresh tatar with an interesting smoked flavour – I liked it, my company not. So I ate 2....

This dish was one of the best tuna I ever had with a very nice and fresh sauce. Nevertheless it could have get some more attention in detail regarding presentation as you can see. As my company donīt really like raw fish I had 1 and a half.

A solid dish.

Desert

Over all a good one with fresh flavours, but not the greatest one of my life.
Funny was that it came with a beef jus on the side. I told them we donīt eat meat at the beginning. So they brought my company one without it, but obvious they couldnīt imagine that a male really donīt eat meat.

Post-desert

Interesting in a positive way! Wasnīt fishy by the way....

Petit fours

I liked the food, it was a enjoyable experience. Nevertheless Iīm not sure if I would rate this place with 3 stars, itīs nearer on 2 stars in my eyes. The view on the sea is great, the restaurant itself could get some renovation. Service was attentive and professional. My company didnīt eat very much, as many dishes were raw and she found the kitchen too experimental.