FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few stars in Provence and other nice things
Old May 2, 2017, 4:57 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
My car by SIXT

I donīt do any experiments today and try to book something proper. This time I decided to book at SIXT (Platinum member and best conditions). I opted for an Audi A6/ Mercedes E-Class wagon with full insurance (0 liability) and navigation-system (hate Tom Tom or navigating via i-phone). As I didnīt need it for the last days in Marseille and I intended to return at at Marseille St. Charles after 9 days. Price was all inclusve 876,26 € with 2250 free kilometers. Pick-up time should be 13:30, return also 13:30.

At the counter I was told if I take the car at 13:06 I had to pay one more day if I return at 13:30. OK, so I changed the return-time to 13:00, a little bit petty.

The car was a nearly new (1600 kilometes) A6 3,0 TDI with a relative basic equipping. Beside the fact that all my laguage didnīt fit in the trunk it was a fine car.

One word about traffic: Itīs sometimes chaotic and "special". I had one very special experience at a parking-garage of a supermarket. I was nearly empty, so I didnīt really watch the lines. When I came back some **** had taken the place beside me....

First intention is to wait for the driver and do a little "chat", second at least to demolish the car. I did neither, simply took pictures and left the place....

Last thing: Be careful with an automatic boot lid in garages

P.S. I didnīt open it

Thatīs the moments you are happy that you took zero liability. Even if no harm was done in this situation I spotted 2 new scratches over the time on car parks (so naive to expect other people care for other people belongings). Many cars in this region simply show: "I canīt drive" or "I like dents in my car, looks much better"