FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Konnichiwa! LH F (via FRA FCT & a 911) to Japan for Sakura. Back home via Shanghai.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:14 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
The bar & magazine rack in the center of the cabin is the most distinctive feature of LH's 748 F product.

My favourite seats on the 748, even when traveling as a couple: 1A & 1K

What I really like about them is the fact that nobody ever walks by you as both the galley and the wash rooms are behind you.

Getting comfortable.

Dom, LH-style.

Somebody needs a refill.

We're next.

Airborne.

LH's chefs must come up with their amuse-bouche concepts using the same technique that fund managers used back in the 80's (and probably still today) for their stock picks: by throwing darts at stock pages, or in this case at an obscure cook book that should never have been published.

Thank God they don't make this stuff themselves.

L'heure bleue. Watching the day go by, sipping Champagne and thinking about how exciting the coming days would be. Man I love traveling.

I went for the Japanese Menu which was pretty good.

Oops, I spoke too soon. Do I look like a vegan?

Better but not great.

A friendly reminder to which country we're headed.

After dinner I felt like watching a movie. The two only ones on offer I hadn't seen yet were La La Land and La French.
Guess which one I watched. (I can recommend it by the way, unlike the other one that Mrs JohnRain saw.) When I asked her how it was she only rolled her eyes.

Pass the duvet.

Nightclubbin' in the air.

LH's bedding is very good but for some reason I didn't sleep very well. Anyway, time to wake up.

The scrambled eggs I had for breakfast were very good.

The weather in Japan had been unsusually cold at the beginning of April, which meant that peak bloom was postponed by a week, perfect for us.
Further proof that spring was indeed late:

Hello Tokyo Bay.

Hello Skytree.

Haneda, you're so much more convenient than your cousin up north.

Another great LH F flight. If only LH could take over AF's F catering division...

Time to say goodbye to our 748 in a retro livery.

Not a big fan of the movie but the livery looks pretty cool.

Up Next: The Shangri-La Tokyo & blooming cherry trees everywhere.

Last edited by JohnRain; May 5, 2017 at 8:55 am