FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old May 1, 2017, 10:15 am
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Lunch, LAX-PVR, April 2017
Boeing 737-800

Choice of beef sliders served with potato salad & DD cookie or quinoa chicken salad served with fruit & DD cookie. I had the sliders and they were good. My companion did not like the salad.

Odd flight number and FEBO was followed. Excellent LAX/HNL based crew. Cannot say the same for the return flight crew. The return meal was a green salad with chicken served with fruit, roll and mexican cookie, or a turkey sandwich, served with chips & mexican cookie. Forgot to get a photo of that. I had the salad and it was decent. The roll was served wrapped in plastic and felt very cafeteria style. There was also no butter catered for this semi-stale role. Why can't they get bread right? Seems like such a simple and inexpensive thing to do. If they had a basket of warmed rolls this would up the feel of it being classy so much.

I really like the new Alessi serving ware. My only concern, like a few others have voiced, is how washable the anti-slide material is on the new trays. I know the old trays had something like this, but this seems more extreme. On the one hand, I really think it will help prevent movement during turbulence or (more commonly) when you get stuck with a crooked tray table. But I just don't see how they can be really well cleaned, but maybe I'm missing something.
Attached Images