FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:57 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
There's always Cleveland. Just kidding. The majority of my relatives have moved South; Atlanta and southern Florida. I'm stuck in CLE until retirement. Five more years to go. My plans are to extensively travel the world because the stress of my occupation and travel is the only way I can remain relatively sane. I did live in NYC for one year in the early 1990s. It was an experience.
Thanks CosmosHuman. Don't laugh, I suggested it although only in jest and after a few drinks. We loved our years in Cleveland raising a family but that time has passed. We'll settle for return in June for a Cavs game or October for the Tribe.

Originally Posted by sgh
Great trip report as usual. As someone who lived in NYC for 25 years, I would highly recommend the East Side anywhere from 50th street to 80th street. Other areas come and go, but Mid-town East Side and the Upper East Side have all the features that make Manhattan great.
Thank you sgh and for the recommendation. We've decided that we like the vibe of the East Side and in particular the Upper East Side. We'll be back in a couple of weeks for another round and see how we feel and whether we can find something within the budget that feels right.

Originally Posted by zip10001
Must.Try.
Pan-grilled Sole is my favorite fish when I visit France. I thought it was only served at "Le Bernardin" in NYC.
The Jean-Georges Nougatine version was amazing. Would highly recommend.