FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yikes!! House hunting in Manhattan... via Virgin America and American First Class
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:41 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by icegirl
SFO777 - Here's an idea, why not get a viewing at the new FS Downtown residences?
http://www.fourseasons.com/content/f...wyorkdowntown/
Thanks icegirl. The FS is beautiful like the RC, but we're not interested in the Financial area.

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
SFO777 - You won't like NY - the Eastbound flights to Europe are far too short to have a civilized, trip report worthy F experience and there is a lack of really outstanding F lounges at JFK or EWR.
Excellent point on those far too short trips to Europe elitetraveler. But the Asia flight will be longer.

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I love American style houses and real estate. I'd love to know what you looking at. Call me a nosy parker. So your job lets you live anywhere or arecyouba retired mega millions lottery winner?
Thank you Annalisa12. Indeed, since I work for myself, we can live pretty much anywhere although my businesses are in the NA Eastern time zone so living in Asia would be tough.

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Some of the photos on SFO777.com look awfully familiar - were you house hunting on West 87th / Central Park West? I recognised the little park just at the corner of 87th and Columbus, as I lived at number 28 for six months back in 2005. Small world, some might say!
Wow, good eye BahrainLad as we were indeed on West 87th.
One of the apartments we were interested in must have been across the street at number 31. Small world indeed.
Another pic...

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Since you are back you got a taste of prices in NYC, my cousin has a place in the upper east side, 5th floor, 1100 SqFt 1.5 million. There are less expensive places but you wont be in the city.
For sure, NY prices are ridiculous but resale and rental prices seem to have softened and actually declined in recent months.