FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to Denmark with the "new and improved" BA business class......
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:17 am
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I woke relatively early the next morning and enjoyed watching the sunrise over the airport.

After dozing for a while, I grabbed an Uber into the city and walked around for an hour or so before heading to the train station to grab my train to Aarhus. I didn't do much on the train apart from listen to music and enjoy the free coffee and water that DSB offers in first class. After about 3 hours, I arrived in a sunny Aarhus. I lived in Aarhus for a year during university so love going back there to reminisce about my student days. I had booked a night at the Radisson which is only 5 mins walk from the train station.

I caught up with a friend who lives just outside of Aarhus. She picked me up and we drove to her place and enjoyed a few beers in the sun before catching the train back into the city to go to our "local" pub and then out for dinner.

We went to a new pizza restaurant - Piccolino - and had a great meal which was washed down with a few glasses of red.

Walked around the city the next morning in the sunshine although it was pretty windy especially down by the harbor.

Some nice art work beside the Town Hall.

I'd heard a lot about the Iceberg - an apartment block down by the harbour - so I decided to take a walk down there and check it out.

I headed back into the city centre and grabbed a coffee at Baresso before going back to the hotel to grab my stuff and head to the train station. I lucked out in that I got the whole of the first class quiet compartment to myself on the way back to Copenhagen - it was like travelling on my own private train! Very comfy seats on the Danish trains.

There was free tea and coffee along with still, sparkling and flavoured waters and there were some nice marzipan type biscuits which went down a treat. The time on the train flew by - I sat enjoying the scenery and listened to some music.

Crossing the bridge over to Zealand beside the cars on road was pretty cool!

I got off the train at Copenhagen central station and crossed the platform to take the 15 min train ride to the airport.