FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Air Marshal Left Loaded Gun in Airplane Bathroom on TATL DL Flight
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:43 am
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
All the more reason to get rid of the Air Marshal program. If anything happens you can be sure the passengers will take care of it. They are just government sponges that eat up F space.
+1

Originally Posted by eigenvector
If I found a loaded gun, I wouldn't hand it to another person without making it safe (by removing the magazine and clearing the chamber) unless I know that person is capable of safely handling a loaded firearm. Once any cartridges have been removed from both the chamber and the feeding path the gun is little more than a hunk of inert metal.
I would also do so before handing it to someone else. However, the sound of racking the slide is probably going to perk up the ears of the FAM if they're paying attention. And there can be more than one FAM on a flight. Not sure I'd want to put a FAM in the position of hearing that sound and having to determine whether or not I was a threat... decent chance it doesn't end well. Seems like the least risky course of action is to remain with it but avoid handling it, call an FA over, and have them summon the FAM.