FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:58 pm
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Ic las vegas the palazzo

IC Las Vegas The Palazzo

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was good. Under normal circumstances, an RA would be thrilled with an upgrade to a suite of this size at any other property. It's hard to compare the RA treatment, as every room in the hotel is a suite.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked the basic suite and given a 2 level upgrade to a Fortuna Suite on the 36th of 50 floors, with view of the strip.

How are the rooms?
All of the rooms in the Palazzo and adjoining Venetian property are suites. The Fortuna Suite is a larger square footage with a sunken living room, sofa and small sitting table. The bedroom is in a large area open to the living room with comfortable pillows, sheets and mattress. Bathrooms are done in marble type tile with a separate shower and soaking tub. The Fortuna Suites generally have a nice view of Las Vegas Boulevard and the foothills to the west.

How is the exec. lounge?
In a word - weak. Since my first stay two years ago, they've stripped even the meager food offerings from the buffet area. This time, the only thing available in the evening was some sliced melon and tea cookies. There is a coffee urn for serve yourself coffee and tea. A butler is available to offer drinks like espresso or cocktails. On a happy note, they were serving Veuve Cliquot Champagne.
The lounge area is small but comfortable. Still, this would never fly as a club lounge anywhere but in Vegas.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A bowl of fruit with a bag of jelly beans (it was Easter week) and two small bottles of house labeled water. Other than that, there was no welcome letter, or any information re: RA benefits.

How was the minibar?
It was a nice selection of juices, red and white wine, and a split of Moet Brut Imperial. My understanding is there is a $100 max on the minibar per stay, but there was no explanation offered by any of the staff this time.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
-Aromatherapy Associates product in the bathrooms
-The Canyon Ranch health club in the adjoining Venetian is a well equipped full service gym with a variety of workout amenities.
-I was surprised to hear they allow late checkout till 6pm, rather than the usual 4pm for RA's.

-Bad
-Dismal food offerings in the Club Lounge.
-Ripoff resort fee of $39/nt. To add insult to injury, they also add sales tax to the fee, bringing the grand total to $43/nt.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
60K a night for a suite is not bad. The midweek rate of $149/nt plus resort fee seems to be the best deal going. I wouldn't pay much more than that given the other options in Vegas.

Would you return?
Not a big fan of Vegas, but if the rate were right and I had to be there, it and the Venetian are the only true IC's in town.