FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Three trips in one: the 10-day 60,000 mile RTW challenge with CX J, QR F/J, BA J/Y
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:03 am
G-CIVC

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Flight 9: BA845 DUB-LHR Club Europe

Dublin airport was quite nice and I had a great first impression of it after last night's rather hectic arrival. The check in agent at the BA desk was very friendly and printed my BPs all the way to SFO, and also gave me directions through security to the lounge after asking if it was my first time at DUB.

For a third-party lounge I thought the DUB lounge was quite comfortable and well equipped. The lounge dragon was also friendly enough and again asked if it was my first time, for which she proceeded to quickly give me a brief introduction about the different areas of the lounge. I just settled on a windowside spot (without tarmac views), grabbed myself a tasty smoothie and worked on the TR. Having learnt my lesson from the CAI experience, there was indeed some time to spare now.

I then left the lounge for gate 204 which was quite a distance, and I arrived at the gate to be greeted by...not lice but a mess still! Apparently, we were at a remote stand but it was raining heavily, so the procession was slow and there was no way we would be getting out on time.

I had to brave the slippery stairs with my heavy carry on so no pictures of our 321. I think I lucked out by having the only seat-block in the whole cabin, so I essentially had 1DEF to myself.

Well, we still managed to depart on time and we rolled away from DUB into thick and cloudy skies.

As soon as we finished our initial climb the two gentlemen serving the CE cabin sprung into action, serving us a light breakfast. I was actually addressed by name, how shocking! Anyway, I thought the cold cut plate was quite tasty and this was a very solid offering for a 287-mi flight. In the US, a flight with such distance would still be a nothing flight, even in the 'front'.

The flight today was slightly longer at around 65 minutes, after which I was back at LHR again this time coming in from the West.

It took some time as we had our engines switched off before we were pulled into our arrival gate of A23, after which it took a bit more time even to get the door opened and jetbridge set etc. But sooner or later I was on my way to the flight connections center at LHR T5 for my 3 hour layover before LHR-SFO.