FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta DM experience flying China Eastern
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2017, 12:38 pm
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
After a beautiful 10/10 experience of flying LAX-ICN-SIN-DPS in J on SQ and a lovely two weeks on Bali it was time to come home on my first Chinese Airline experience.

Redeemed 80k Skymiles one way DPS-PVG-LAX for each of us and figured I'd post some thoughts and notes.

1. There was smoking on both flights. I cannot stand cigarette smoke and it was unmistakable for anything else.

DPS-PVG:
~Nice 6hr redeye flight A330
~Seatguru says all A330s have lie-flat; this is not true. We had angled flats. The seats were very firm but comfy when sitting or lounging. However, they sucked for trying to sleep in.
~We got slippers, a worthless eye mask, toothbrush but no amentity kit
~Meal was offered either right after take off or right before landing--nice to have a choice.
~English was spoken but FA's were robotic-like yet friendly.
~Food was edible, however, I would have to say it was like a jumbo-sized Y meal.

PVG:
~Airplane to brand new lounge in 14 minutes.
~No English on the espresso machine. Over half of the lounge was not Asian, and I saw a handful of people ask how to operate it.
~Wifi sucks. It logs you off like every 4 minutes. Couldn't figure out why on my iPhone or Macbook Air. I gave up.
~Breakfast sucks. Scrambled eggs and inedible sausage....everything else is Asian and soup-based. The fruit was terrible and unripe, too.
~The $8,000 massage chairs are literally the coolest thing I have ever seen in a lounge. They work VERY WELL!!!!

PVG-LAX:
~77W seats are extremely comfy in all positions although a bit skinny (23.6").
~Warm cabin...they set it on 23, I asked if she could turn my section down to 21 and she did it right in front of me.
~Food was surprisingly good and plentiful. Big portions and good flavor.Lots of bread choices, including fresh and hot garlic bread.
~Super Bright seat controls. You need an eye mask to sleep.
~Amenity Kits with Clarins face lotion and lip balm. Kit is nice, we kept them, and will be used later like all my Tumi kits.
~Arrived @ LAX over an hour early. No announcements from the cockpit, just sitting for 28 minutes and finally pulling to the gate.
~Very few PA announcements--made for a quiet flight.
~AVOD system is terrible. Movie selection is very sparse, TV selections almsot non-existent. Bring your own entertainment for this flight.

Here are some pics from my flight.
Attached Images