FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Phoenician, Scottsdale/Phoenix [Master Thread]
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:39 am
dingo

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Here now. Great resort. as mentioned above, $12 parking fee, resort fee waived for Plats. Was upgraded from a deluxe to superior room; I'm not sure what the difference is.

The breakfast is wonky to me. At check in I got a card for each day. It is good for a specific item on the menu called Continental something. It is a cup of yogurt, 10 grapes (or so), two blackberries, two slices each of kiwi, melon, melon, pineapple; a slice of banana bread, a raspberry, and four blueberries. I'm sure they aren't counted out but that's what I got. Juice and coffee are also included. So that's what you get or, you get $15 per person to order off the menu.

The full breakfast buffet is $29.00. Kids are half price, so $14.50. It includes coffee and juice as well.

I've been trying to figure out how they apply the $15 per person and today just confused me even more.

I took the menu item called Continental something. It is exactly $15. I ordered the full buffet for my daughter (so she could get a croissant, cereal, and fruit). So hers was $14.50.

The server came over and asked me if I wanted a receipt noting that the amount would be so 'small'...only something like $6.00. Not being good with math, I said I would like the receipt.

When I got it, I see that the residual charge is $8.28. Confused as to how a breakfast that cost $29.50 against a credit of $30.00 leads to $8.28 I asked. I got no coherent explanation.

The receipt shows a charge of $14.50 for child's buffet, M. Continental at $15.00, coffee at 6.00, juice at 5.00 (beverages included supposedly) for a total of 40.50. Gratuity is 7.29 (18%); taxes are 3.49. There was a total of 51.28. A credit was applied in the amount of $43.00 leaving a total of 8.28 with a code of PDIN.

I asked the front desk to explain it to me; I just simply want to understand how it all works. They told me that I can't use it for anything except the continental; not what the front desk said at check in and now what the rest. has said each day so some miscommunication / confusion there. Also previously at the rest., I'd been told that gratuity was included with the coupon as one day I did have a zero balance and asked about tipping out...was told I don't need to b/c it was included.

Not a huge deal obviously, but I do want to understand it.