FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why BLI - PDX not showing lowest award level?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 7:29 pm
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by pokee
Why can't I find 5,000 point flights from BLI-PDX? The distance is well below the 700 mile minimum, but there is not one single award flight available at that level - lowest available for the next 11 months is 7,500. SEA-PDX has tons at 5,000. Also tons of BLI-LAS available for 7,500 (lowest award level for 900+ miles distance). What gives? According to their chart, they should be releasing some at 5,000, shouldn't they?
In short, because AS thinks they can sell them for more than 5000 miles. Explained another way, the lowest inventory award bucket on these flights isn't available because AS has chosen not to make it available.

PDXPremier - personally out of my home airports I find very few 5000 mile flights that involve a connection. To nonstop destinations, there are quite a few...but add on a connection, and forget about it. Not sure if that is an inventory issue, or "by design". Even though UA's 700mi awards involve 10K miles, I find the availability much better at the low level to expensive 2nd tier cities in the west.