FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2017 Edition
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:58 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Partly due to VDB, I flew 3 segments on March 8th and ate 3 airplane meals

DL1301 BWI-MSP (A320/breakfast)
PDB: yes
FEBO: no, front-to-back, which feels like the first "miss" for me in a while on an odd-numbered flight

chorizo breakfast sandwich (other choice was cereal)
nice change of pace from the omelette or eggs-on-a-pastry-crust

DL2879 MSP-SEA (A332/lunch)
FEBO: yes

"Korean" beef (other choice described as chicken kale salad)
Not sure what made this Korean exactly. It was beef in sort of a sweet brown sauce, probably soy sauce based. I can imagine a conversation in the kitchen: "What else do Asian people like?" "Idunno, rice?" "OK, but it needs something more. "How about we throw in some edamame?" "Sir you are a genius."

DL4985 SEA-SFO (E75/dinner)
FEBO: no; FA pretty much announced to the cabin she was going by status

salmon fettucine; other choice was a shrimp [Louie] salad. The first few of us all picked salmon, and I remarked on how popular it was and she said "and I only have 4 of them!" This came with clam chowder. The soup was pretty good; the pasta was cooked dry around the edges, which sometimes happens with these or rice dishes etc. and the salmon was pretty dry and bland as well -- I almost never add salt to things for flavor but had to do so here. The macaroon was excellent though.

Bonus: March 10th DL818 SEA-SFO (738/dinner)
FEBO: yes

Exact same menu as DL4985 above. What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results? But I really wasn't in a shrimp mood, so I got the salmon again. To my pleasant surprise it was actually much better the 2nd time around

Name:  1489387222-picsay.jpg
Views: 5017
Size:  271.8 KB

Name:  1489387386-picsay.jpg
Views: 4934
Size:  265.9 KB

Name:  1489387264-picsay.jpg
Views: 5029
Size:  174.0 KB