FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:04 am
cazane

IC Estoril

IC Estoril

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, it was a very pleasant stay of four nights with the greatest weather possible at the beginning of March. Temperature went up to 26 degrees Celsius.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Garden View Deluxe King room got upgrade to Ocean View Intercontinental Club room on 3rd floor, which is the highest floor and same floor as the reception.

How are the rooms?
Great bathroom with big bathtub and separate shower. Bathtub with view into the room if you prefer so. Large balcony with sofa and table with two chairs. Room itself is large, with king bed, sofa and two chairs at the working desk.

How is the exec. lounge?
Very limited offer close to nothing during the day and in the evening.
Breakfast in the lobby restaurant is included for club guests.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A botttle of white whine, a big bottle of sparkling water, some small cakes and fruits.

How was the mini-bar.
At check-in I was asked for my preferences, so it was filled up as I wanted plus two beers and some little bottles of spirits. Mini bar gets refilled on request for RAs.
(Every guest gets the first mini bar fill up for free and has just to pay for refills)

What was good and what was bad?

Good
  • Very good food at the Atlantico restaurant which belongs to the hotel.
  • The dinner from my last night was put off the bill at check-out for the inconvience of having no warm water in the shower for one evening and morning. I did not ask for any compensation.
  • Great staff, attentive and very friendly. They also remembered my name.
  • Free breakfast at the main restaurant.
  • Great outdoor pool, if you do not fear cold water.

Bad
  • Club is very limited in its offerings. (Did not care much about this.)

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Great value.
Would you return?
Yes I hope so.