FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:28 am
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Maybe I've just worked enough really ...... jobs in my life that I understand it better. Life isn't as simple as many would want to view it. Quitting a paycheck is tough when other people depend on you to put food on their plates. And, again, I note that I do assume many TSA employees aren't qualified for many other jobs; if they were, they would be taking them assuredly. There are few jobs that seem less appealing to me than TSO, if only because it seems totally monotonous.

But, as I noted, whatever sympathy I have is withering rapidly.

Most of the electeds in my area don't give a ...., they feel it is part of keeping Americans safe, and their districts are gerrymandered beyond belief to that it would be a waste of my time as I would be heavily outvoted. And one of the reps who represents part of Austin is the House Chair of the Committee on Homeland Security.
All the more reason to register your concerns. One person may not make an impact but when those numbers start climbing some elected congressperson who wants to keep their seat will blink.

Submitting comments to your congresscritters may not help but would it hurt to do so?