FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New lounge in TXL Terminal C
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:57 am
FFlash

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by therealsomeguy
Looks like there's (finally) a proper lounge in Terminal C at Tegel, noticed the new signage when I went through there today. The signage wasn't there last week and it still has that new lounge smell, so I'm guessing it's opened very recently... or I'm just not very observant.

It's very clearly signposted throughout the airside area, follow the grey 'Lounge' signs towards gate 80. If you can, I'd recommend going through the security checkpoint to the right of the check-in desks (past arrivals), not the main checkpoint to the left, as that sends you out very close to the entrance to the lounge.

It's not listed on the AB or OW lounge pages yet, but I didn't have any trouble getting in as a QF Platinum / OWE travelling in AB Y.

Facilities are basic but a decent step up from the 'exclusive waiting area'... there's cookies, pastries and other snacks, soup, hot and cold drinks, and three levels available - the ground floor and the first floor are roughly the same (lots of leather chairs and food and drink, although there's more food downstairs) and then there's a smoking area and terrace upstairs on the second floor. As far as a contract lounge goes, it's pretty good.

I didn't think to take any pictures sorry.
Thanks for the heads-up to the OP in fact!
"sadly", I can't test the lounge since my flight departs from A-gates even if flying AB!
I say "sadly" instead of sadly, since I don't know how sad the lounge is

Anyone with pictures, would be great, again :=)