FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 5:45 pm
eigenvector

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by gojirasan
Could you post some more detail about what happened to you? So far there is only one account. Another would help I think.
The agent informed me that the bodyscanner had been triggered because something was in my shirt pocket (it was my credit card) so they would have to do a physical search. He then said there is a new process and not all TSOs are trained on it so I would have to wait while he got a supervisor to ensure it was being done properly.

The process was that he locked his hands together and rubbed them across my thigh and groin going first horizontally and then vertically so a total of 6 or 8 times to go all the way across. Not sure what this really achieved other than embarrassment for all parties as the bodyscanner had not been triggered in that area of my body.
Originally Posted by petaluma1
I am trying to envision how a screener can lock hands together and explore the genital area. Was it with the palms of the hands or the back of the hand?
Back of the hand.