FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:03 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Buckhead Atlanta

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not as happy as I've been in the past

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe at a Govt rate for one night and initially received King Deluxe! I noticed on the app that I hadn't been upgraded prior to check in. When I did check into the hotel, the front desk agent acknowledged my RA status and proceeded to hand me a a key to a King Deluxe room. I asked what happened to the two room category upgrade and the agent hadn't even noticed. He then changed my room type to a King Club Level.

How are the rooms?
King Club Level was pretty much a a small/regular room, one floor below the club. I did at least have a corner room with additional windows, but in the past I had been given suites, so was kind of disappointed.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent staff during the evening cocktail hour. Beer, wine, mixed drinks are available. The food was good - but not a wide selection. Small plates of marinated veggies, pizza, cheese, etc.
Breakfast had scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese, meat, bagels, oatmeal, toast, fruit, etc.
Note -- this is a hotel that always provided Club Access to RA even prior to the T&C change

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Never received a welcome gift and never even received the water/fruit, even thought I checked into the hotel around 4pm. I went out to dinner with a friend and when I came back, I called the front desk to ask about it and she said that department had already gone home.

How was the minibar?
Great! A little bit of everything including a small bottle of Moet. Tequila, Scotch, too.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Mini bar; Club Lounge and evening staff; location to Marta

-Bad
Lack of RA recognition; had to remind them to upgrade me and upgrade that was received was mediocre; no water, fruit or welcome amenity gift

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
At a government rate, it is a great value

Would you return?
Yes but only as RA