FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Will Alaska Airlines Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? (2017)
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:56 pm
AKCuisine

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of Flight: 2/7/17
Flight Number and Route flown: AS #794 SEA-ABQ
Time of Departure: 11:45 AM
Length of flight: Approx 2 1/2 hours
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Nothing except a bottle of water at the seat.

Meal served: Lunch

Meal Description: "A turkey and pastrami sandwich with a side of green bean salad."

Additional Comments: Unlike the meal described by 3ur0tr45h a few posts above, the bottom portion of the ciabatta roll was so soggy that it was not possible to pick it up to eat as a sandwich. My seatmate and I both resorted to using a knife and fork to attempt to cut into the sodden, leaden mass. As I've pointed out in other posts about the many luncheon sandwiches, this, too, was pressed-formed processed turkey-parts rather than being "real" turkey or pastrami.

The side of green bean salad was lightly dressed with a mild vinaigrette with bits of chopped red onion. While it might not be to everyone's taste, I found it satisfactory, and actually liked it better than the processed poultry-product sandwich.

A packaged oatmeal raisin cookie was the dessert which I boycotted - and will continue to boycott - until they bring back chocolate chip cookies.

There was great service from a trainee who was scheduled to graduate from her training the following day, assisted by the lead FA in first. Kudos!
Attached Images