FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive orders banning entry to US ... [merged threads]
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:10 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Not much news on the 4:30 announcement is leaking out on the major news websites, so we're still holding our breath. I know that announcements at COB Friday tended to contain unpopular news under prior administrations, but, with Trump, who knows if that rule holds...

I've heard through my in-laws that a Persian-American immigration lawyer (LA-based, but Farsi speaking) has run an infomercial on one of the unofficial satellite channels broadcasting into Iran, going through the leaked executive order draft line-by-line. This attorney (?) claims that the Iranian government is already cooperating with the US on the name queries and other matters of "extreme vetting" that the draft order prescribes, so theoretically Iran should pass the 60-day review if it is conducted purely on security grounds. However, the six other countries on the list, being far behind Tehran on federal IT infrastructure and record-keeping, would likely face much higher hurdles in sixty days. Granted, this isn't coming from the most authoritative source and the draft may differ substantially from whatever is actually signed.

Now, to wait and see...
Iran is the only one of the listed countries that has a fully functioning national apparatus to provide all that may be asked. Whether or not it's deemed sufficient or all of it is provided, Iranians and those with such personal connections are probably better off at least in this limited regard than it may be for those with affiliations via the other listed countries. I hope it works out as you wish.