FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Focus - London Gatwick (LGW) South: Temporary BA Lounge
Old Jan 27, 2017, 8:43 am
aks120
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Speedbird Lounge

So under orders from CWS, I headed over to the Speedbird lounge - set up for Business Class, and Silver cardholders (I think that is all).

The lounge is far more open, you can see the Virgin touches all over and their funky style but it is not too over the top. It was also quieter........which I found a bit odd considering the zoo that used to be the No 1 lounge in the North terminal.

There is a bar, difficult to say what is on offer but there is sparkly - I understand Prosecco but you should never turn your nose up at that if it is a good one!

Food at this time of the afternoon (1530) is limited. There are some sandwiches, some giant pretzels (odd choice) and some nibbles. Good news is they have a better selection of cold soft drinks so I found my Diet Coke! If one is into tea - the selection in the Clubrooms is better.

If you dont want champers or a full meal, I would certainly suggest coming to the Speedbird lounge over the Clubrooms for the next couple of days based on what I have seen.

Regards

Aks120
Attached Images        

Last edited by aks120; Jan 27, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reason: Added the Prosecco bottle! Added the tray bakes!