FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive orders banning entry to US ... [merged threads]
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:42 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Not yet... I'm afraid that we'd pay a lot to hear that he/she doesn't know anything more than we do until the executive order is signed. Indeed, with all the turnover at State recently and general state of chaos in the federal government, I'm fearful that Embassy Abu Dhabi may not even have its game plan ready yet for March interview appointments.

Fair enough, but many of us in the Persian-American community are trying to figure out "why us" when there are so many other countries in the region that seem to be much more hospitable to violent extremism. Understood that Iran is on the state sponsorship list (though interactions with CBP have left me with the impression that radicalized individuals are way higher on their list of priorities than state sponsors right now...) and doesn't have Podesta Group on retainer or a Trump hotel under construction, but nonetheless Iranian students and families seem like a bizarre place to start in the context of the current security environment...
The government is sort of like a chicken with its head cut off at the moment. Even during more ordinary times of the year, it takes a while for orders to end up as implemented policy. But that leaves two options: to try to front-run implementation or to just save the time/money and wait until more things become more clear. I would definitely not be counting on non-government lawyers to know how this is going to turn out, and so I wouldn't spend the money.