FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tallinn (TLL) mini DO : Sat 6th May 2017, plus TLL meetups on other dates
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:15 am
NoTiersForMe

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Finnair vegetarian catering [European business class]

As promised, photo reporting of vegetarian offerings on my run this weekend. I had two return bookings, so four meals on the LHR-HEL segments. On one booking I chose Vegan [VGML] and the other I had Ovo/Lacto Veg [VLML]. Often at the point of delivery these two are the same as the vegan will tick the ovo/lacto box from an industrial catering standpoint. And so my second and last meals were identical.

I liked that my "special meal" was always delivered at same time as everyone else. I haven't had the opportunity to do special meals on BA Club Europe so can't remember if they plate up at same time or before.

AY3126 LHR-HEL 7:30 [Vegan] Nicest of the lot, like a breakfast burrito. Dosa type wrapper around spicy veg]. Blueberry drink. The fruit salad was frozen through -- does the plane get that cold while it sits at LHR overnight? -- a poor man's sorbet I suppose.

AY995 HEL-LHR 17:25 [Ovo/Lacto] Mysterious vegetable patty in mild coconut [?] sauce. Tofu side.

AY832 LHR-HEL 10:20 [Ovo/Lacto] Ah, if only the meal matched the great A350 surroundings. Bland carrot "terrine" with other veg. A more involved goat cheese/beet root/pine nut side which perhaps my neighbours had as well. A very thick and sweet blueberry drink/pudding.

AY839 HEL-LHR 14:00. [Vegan]. Same as the Ovo/Lacto on AY995.

[ed - haven't figured out how to intersperse pics with captions so all pics in one block. For the super interested you should be able to figure out which is which...]
Attached Images     

Last edited by NoTiersForMe; Jan 17, 2017 at 9:17 am Reason: layout snag note