FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time in AMS
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:12 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ditto
Well, either way the same logic applies in that direction as well, you will have to pass immigration, and are looking at a reasonably long walk.

I was confused as DL127 today operated FLL-LGA, but it seems like in September it will indeed operate AMS-BOS, so being a DL metal flight you have to go through secondary security questioning in gates D01/E01, and only then you will be told your actual gate, with 1h10 you should be fine, just make sure to go straight to immigration and then to gate D01.

The OP will have to clear passport control and do the airline security contractor's questions prior to departure. At that time of day, it takes me 1-25 minutes to clear passport control as a departing US citizen; and it's usually closer to 10-25 minutes when I'm there at that time of day.

I have looked online for my actual departure gate for my DL flights from AMS and do the ridiculous questions there. It has reduced the chances of me missing my flights compared to when doing the D1 type routine. The centralized questioning staff seem less concerned about having to deal with departure gate agents wanting to get out the flights on time.

50-70 minutes of transit at AMS is more than sufficient for me to do this. But if it actually turns out to be less than 45 minutes due to delayed gate arrival or otherwise getting off the plane, then rushing it may indeed be necessary. And having checked luggage can be your friend in some of these circumstances.