FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Travel Together Ticket (Cancel Card)
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:04 pm
Steve in Olympia

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
When is your card year up? Is it so you avoid paying another $95 fee?

With the BA AMEX cards, there's a threat that the voucher is removed if card is cancelled (various reports on whether that happens) but, unlike with your Chase card, there is a step-down AMEX without an annual fee that it can be transformed into.

Best bet is to ask Chase directly I would think, just to be sure.
Chase is the last party you would want to ask! I can just imagine their answer when you ask, "Gosh, I would like to avoid paying you my annual fee, but I want to keep that nice 2-4-1 voucher you folks gave me. Is that OK with you guys?"

Have you actually read the Terms & Conditions for this voucher? The T & C's include the following two rules:

"(1) You are only eligible to receive a Travel Together Ticket (“Voucher”) for a companion if you are a member of the BA Executive Club and are the main account holder within a BA/Chase Credit Card account (a “Member”).
(2) Members must remain eligible for this promotion at the time of travel. BA and Chase reserve the right to withdraw any vouchers in the event that the Member is in breach of the terms of the BA/Chase Credit Card or the BA Executive Club Terms and Conditions."

So, clearly Chase has the right to withdraw the voucher, but I am not aware of anyone reporting the loss of their voucher, and I have redeemed at least 10 of these vouchers over the last 8 years.

Don't ask, don't tell.