FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:35 pm
Ed Janowsky

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by valuetactics
You and your wife have different profiles with Chase. Your extended credit shouldn't affect her at all. I've reduced my CL to $5k on all Chase cards (via SM) one or two nights before I have applied for a new Chase card. I have done this several times and have got instant approvals each time.

Wife just applied for Reserve a few minutes ago and got "7-10 days pending." We did not reduce her current Chase CLs this time. Might be a coincidence.

Now I'll have to steel her up to call recon tomorrow
No need for her to be nervous, EVERYONE applying online who is not instantly approved gets a 7-10 day message. It's the message seen on the computer screen after applying where it states that if you're approved, you'll receive your card in 7-10 days. Unfortunately this has been confused over and over again with the 7-10 day message associated with calling the automated response line.

A 7-10 day message received online immediately after applying is in no way indicative of approval or denial PERIOD.
The 7-10 day message from the automated response line is the one that has the negative connotation (yes I know there have been exceptions, but that's not relevant to what I'm pointing out here).

Last edited by Ed Janowsky; Jan 7, 2017 at 10:41 pm