FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:24 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Can I still post reports of meals from Dec 2016 here? Probably still relevant? Either way, if not then feel free to delete this post

Flew LAX-LHR-LAX as part of a larger trip in December, LAX-LHR on the 772 Refurb and the 77W on the way back in J.

LAX-LHR:

Herb-crusted Snapper Herb-crusted Snapper
cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions

Some sort of Quinoa appetizer, I had a bite of it and the salad, both were... bad. just really bad. Especially the Quinoa. Please replace this ASAP AA.

Main course! This was actually surprisingly good. The snapper was nice and moist, the squash didn't have as much flavour as I'd have liked and was near-indistinguishable from just mashed potatoes, but the texture was nice and it tasted quite good. Would definitely recommend the dish. The "dip" was a bit odd, some kind of warm tartar sauce?

Dessert, a fruit tart. Cold. Mushy. Also near-inedible. Main dish was good but both appetizer and dessert were yuck. 1/3.

LHR-LAX

Breast of Corn-fed Chicken Breast
With tandoori sauce, basmati rice and sautéed spinach

Definitely better salad than on the way there, including the potato-ish thing that was actually edible this time. Still not great, but at least some parts of the dish were edible.

Main dish - again a hit! Same as on the flight to London, the main course was by far best. The chicken was moist enough, albeit a bit "rubbery" if that makes sense. The flavour on the skin and the sauce was excellent though and I would again definitely recommend it.

Not bad, plain old chocolate cake