FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Go West Young Man: Back to China with UA J/CA F/LH F
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:50 am
steveman518

(I promise the trip gets better after this post)

In order to make the 6am departure while taking public transit, I had to take the light rail train down to SEA the night before. After a long day in lab I took the bus to the light rail station at the University of Washington. Taking public transit at night can always be a bit of an adventure and this time was no exception. As soon as the doors opened for one of the cars the stench of urine hit like a strong wave, and immediately I entered the other car, only to see vomit in the middle of the car. Otherwise the journey to SEA was uneventful.

Brown patch near the middle where vomit used to be

Someone's Chex had a rough night

I arrived at the airport at around 1AM and ended up surfing the net until the check-in desk opened around 3:45AM

SEA at night, with a few others camping out for the early flights

As soon as the AMEX Centurion Studio opened at 5AM, I stopped in for a quick bite. This was the first time I'd been to SEA in the morning in a long time, and the first time I'd been at the Studio during breakfast hours. I was very happy to see Ellenos greek yogurt, as IMHO it's basically the best yogurt in the existence of humankind. Naturally I grabbed a big bowl of it and accompanied it with some other things that were tasty but not as good (though to be fair most breakfast items pale in comparison to Ellenos).

UA468
SEA-SFO
Boeing 737-900ER
Seat 2A

I headed over to board the flight down to SFO at the far end of concourse A, where boarding was already underway. After I boarded, I had a pre-departure beverage of Illy's cappuccino iced coffee drink with lowfat milt & cocoa (should a drink have that many words in it?) that has arrived with United's new(ish) partnership with Illy. The drink was pretty good, and much better than brewed airplane coffee, though it didn't prevent me from passing out immediately afterwards after not sleeping the previous night.

obligatory leg-room shot

I wake up right before descent to a very nice sunrise from the left of the plane, and drink a second bottle of the cappuccino drink to help me make it through my layover at SFO. Overall not a particularly exciting flight, since I spent about 90% of it asleep.

My layover at SFO was spent primarily trying to stay awake, so a quick stop at the AMEX Centurion was made to freshen up and grab a second breakfast. The breakfast, while certainly above edible, wasn't very impressive and I ended up not going for seconds before heading over to the gate to people-watch and try not to fall asleep.

Second breakfast