FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:41 am
MDtR-Chicago
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Candlewood Suites : Syracuse-Airport

Candlewood Suites : Syracuse-Airport
Syracuse, New York, USA

Second stay this year, earlier review is here: May 2016 Review

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked "STUDIO SUITE 1 QUEEN BED NONSMOKING" - received that on a high floor, away from elevator; 500 point amenity

How are the rooms?
They are near the end of a renovation project right now, that addressed two of my room-related complaints from the last stay: It looks like they replaced the carpeting in the guest rooms; this time, no smell of smoke, no lingering cooking odors. Much nicer in-room experience. There was also a different (higher quality) set of cooking pans and I think newer sheets on the bed.

They offered a free in-room bottle of water with a note to apologize for any construction inconvenience.

Overall, nice example of a Candlewood, with microwave, two burner stove top, full size refrigerator and freezer.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
  • Great location for the airport, right by the access road, and walkable to a supermarket and Dunkin' Donuts
  • Lots of free parking
  • Quiet

Bad:
  • Only a single elevator which is not at the center of the property; this time I stayed closer to the elevator for a shorter walk - it's not a loud elevator anyway
  • They had the typical Candlewood video lending library but it was behind the front desk; too hard to read the titles so I didn't bother with it
  • They hadn't replaced the draperies in my room yet; ripped and worn but still functional

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Great value for points if you don't need a free breakfast. Right next to the airport and the highway. Really solid option for Syracuse.