FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:26 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Ic bangkok

IC BANGKOK

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes as usual

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
o Booked first 3nights Grand Exec => Received +2cat Club Suite + Lounge but only 22nd floor
o Booked fourth/last night Grand Dlx => received +2cat Club Room
(as out all day Sunday and leaving 5am Monday for 7am flifght)

nb
did room split as out of hotel all my final day of Sunday, so just bed to sleep, and depart 05:00 for 07:00 TG Flight

How are the rooms?
Corner Suite
o I have switched to the Suites non-HI end as now a newly extended highrise tower overlooks the other sutes
o Nice large, well furnished in good state of furnishing, proper separate rooms
o I do find bedroom oversized compared to living room which is smaller than bedroom
o Bathroom has Bath + separate Shower
o Nice large TV, all the channels you want inc sports channels
o IC Bangkok changed room keys to RFID versions. Elevator currently unlocked card wise, will be swapped to rfid lock on 1st January

Club Room
o Nice large, well furnished in good state of furnishing
o Bathroom has Bath + separate Shower
o Nice large TV, all the channels you want inc sports channels

How is the exec. lounge?
o Definitely a reduced offering food wise from 12months ago, I am sorry to say apart from steak option at lounge b/f i prefer b/f + tea + dinner at Conrad Bkk
o Lounge staff as at attentive, polite, friendly as ever
o Coctail Mohjitos with dark rum , fresh mint are as good as ever
o First ever foc checkout day dining b/f offered if checking out before 7am. NOTE :-You need order in lounge based on continental offering (not hang card on outside of rooms door knob).. Asked for 0415-0430 and arrived 04:14

Did you receive a welcome gift?
RA's v Ambassadors receive the 70cl bottle of red wine along side other gift (Teddy/Pot Pouri Elephant/wooden tuk-tuk)

How was the minibar?
o Great for spirits, 6x cans of beers
o No longer get my diet coke's added this stay (or last few stays either)

What was good and what was bad?
o nothing really bad, just not so good food offerings if you used to come over a year ago
o Full Fat Cream Cheese (to go with smoked salmon) no longer at b/f... asked a few times and gave up
o As reported 2pc RA laundry can no longer be foc versus stated pressing benefit

good
o At check out lounge member said my companies contract ended... not really true, as usually dissapears post 31st Dec each year until reappears circa Feb when renegotiated
o Same member volunteered I should book any other corp rate in meantime for 2017 .. i was quite suprised by that offer/suggestion .. I guess that means Siemens or Google

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
o Corporate rate great , cheapest of any out there, and for 2016 as well as corp rate for Grand Dlx (for +2cat upg to Club room) and Club Room (for +1cat upg to Club Suite), also have Corp Rate for Grande Exec (for +2cat upg to Club Suite)... As such mostly paid 1200bt++ extra to get suite v club-room upgrades for my 20+ nights in 2016
o 35k points not worth using when Corp Rate exists.Even if no corp rate not getting 7k/usd10 I look for

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
o Getting to be difficult choice, as since 2016 I prefer Conrad Lounge food
o Decider likely on nights/stays needed to maintain IHG RA v HH-Diamond status. No doubt will carry on using both in Bangkok
o actually my corp rate ends 31st Dec, rate not renewed yet, so booked Conrad 07-16 Jan 2017 and 30Jan-5th Feb 2017 (I did not tell IC lounge staff though)
o I use Conrad + IC in Bangkok. IC Suite is 2700++ cheaper than nor1 upsell to favourite Conrad Terrace Suite , although I would probably get Conrad Exec Suite as foc upgrade

Last edited by scubaccr; Dec 21, 2016 at 4:32 am