FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:34 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hilton San Diego "Resort" seems to have tightened up.

Voucher given says HHonors VIP (no distinguishing Gold or Diamond) Breakfast: Good for continental breakfast in AROMA Coffee Shop. There was also a large chalkboard sign posted outside AROMA Coffee Shop that said "Hilton HHonors Diamond and Gold Breakfast HERE."

I went to the main restaurant and asked if the voucher was good there. Yes, I was told. It is good for The Continental on the menu with a retail value of $14: a pastry or muffin or bagel, a yogurt or cottage cheese, juice, and coffee. I asked about applying the value of the voucher toward other menu items and was told that is not allowed. Was given zero service after receiving the food and even had to ask for the check which they did need signed.

With $35 parking fee and $29 resort fee, and this stingy breakfast benefit, the value proposition is just not there for this "Resort."

There was no buffet of any kind unless I am really blind. Maybe due to it being an off season?