FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta, Medan, Aceh, KL, and Malacca in 4 Days
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:42 am
anak_negeri

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
Part 6: Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta by KLM (KL809), November 16th 2016

KLM
Kuala Lumpur (KUL) - Jakarta Soekarno Hatta (CGK)
November 16th, 2016
KL-809
Boeing 777-200ER
Reg code: PH-BQD "Darjeeling Railway"
Dep: 17.25 (UTC+8)
Arr: 18.00 (UTC+7)

The Starmart bus arrived on KLIA Bus Stand at 4.00 p.m. There were 50 minutes before boarding.

The departure hall with check-in counters.

KLM's counter. For this trip, I did not done the online check in. Why? Because the KLM's boarding pass was special for me, so I had to have it printed at the airport.

Then I proceed to the immigration and safety checks. After that, we were welcomed by these unique miniatures.

The main terminal.

We would board the aircraft through gate C3, and it was in the satellite building. So we had to take the aerotrain to reach there.

Here are some snapshots taken from the aerotrain.
KLIA was the main hub of Malaysia Airlines, national flag-carrier, and Malindo Air, while AirAsia was operating from KLIA2.

Then we arrived at the satellite terminal.

Gate C3 had been opened to all KL809 passengers. There was a long queue for security check.

At its left side was gate C1, boarding gate of Saudia to Jeddah.

Our aircraft had landed from Amsterdam. It was waiting for departure to Jakarta, final destination of KL809 flight.
PH-BQD "Darjeeling Railway", Boeing 777-200ER.

Passengers waiting for boarding. Some of them departed from Amsterdam. There were also Indonesians (like me) returning home from Malaysia, and also some Malaysians.

Time for boarding. We were welcomed by friendly cabin crews.
Passing the business class. I wonder when will I have a chance to sit there.

The economy class.

My seat, 39E. At my left side was an Indonesian lady, while my right side was vacant.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take picture of the seat pitch.

I was surprised that this aircraft was 13 years old but it was really like 1 or 2. Very fresh and well-maintained. All equipments and facilities were working well.

All passengers had embarked, and the safety instructions video was shown through the IFE screen. An interesting animation video.

The aircraft then started to fly at 5.25 p.m. (GMT+8). The take-off process was very smooth and without any turbulences. The IFE was switched off until around 5 minutes after the take-off. It was different with my KLM experience on July 2016, where we could enjoy the IFE while waiting to take-off.

Let's check the stuffs inside the seatpocket.
Safety card.

An unique disposal bag.

"Holland Herald" magazine.

"Sky High" shopping catalogue.

The audio headset.

Cabin condition was very clean and fresh.

Then the IFE was switched on.

I connected my flash drive to the IFE, and it successfully read and play MP3 files in my drive.

Then the cabin crews started giving me and other passengers a snack. I don't know the name until today. The snack's paper bag only showed that it was "Veggie".
I also requested a cup of orange juice.

Not so long after that, the aircraft entered a bad weather condition for around 5 minutes. The location was at the southern side of Bangka Island.

After that brief small scale turbulence, the condition turned back to normal, then I checked the lavatory. Very clean.

34 minutes before landing.

Smoothly and safely, our Boeing 777-200ER aircraft landed at Soekarno-Hatta Airport. While landing, the IFE was not turned off. I also did not realize that the aircraft had landed.

Time to say goodbye. It was really short trip, only 1 hour 40 minutes.

KLM was parked at the left side of Turkish Airlines.

There was also a Boeing 777-300ER of Garuda Indonesia, just landed from London (Heathrow).

Way to the main terminal area.

After the immigration checks, we proceed to the baggage carousel.

Outside the arrival area.

Finally I left the airport by bus to Gambir Station.