FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:16 pm
exs2

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
IC Singapore

IC Singapore
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Originally booked Club Heritage and were "upgraded" to Club Deluxe. After emailing the hotel I amended the booking to Club Deluxe and was upgraded to Premium Suite. Upon arrival they had sold out Premier Suites so they upgraded to Heritage Suite (old shophouse?) and told I was getting two category upgrade. Received room 0260 close to Lounge.

How are the rooms?
I think I might have been better served by that Premier Suite on the high floor. I am not fan of the Heritage Suite room layout or view to shopping mall. Also room remained slightly damp during whole three night stay although given the humidity this might be normal for Singapore hotels. Will see when moving to Conrad. The layout itself is pretty claustrophobic and I ended up not using the living room at all. I much prefer the more open layouts that give out the feeling of space. Door to the balcony to the shopping mall was locked.

How is the exec. lounge?
Pretty nice. Unlike some others, I received good service and food items and drinks were replenished quickly. There were not that many people during our visits though. Beer is available whole time and cocktails in evening were decent. This is not Hong Kong lounge though

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Service at hotel in general
Breakfast at restaurant
Lounge
TV channel selection! (One of the best)

Bad:
Welcome fruits selection rather weak
Room (your preferences might be different)
Upgraded and the hassle with them

Location somewhere between. Overall decent I think.
Ambassador gift was TWG tea in shophouse tin can with IC Singapore text.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Not sure. At least I would have different room.