FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:02 am
scubaccr

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
IC Park Lane (Wellington Suite upgrade)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Extremely, exceptional , probably never to be repeated 4th best Wellington Suite upgrade

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked = Bogo London Exec (Fri £540, Sat £610 .... rebooked from £590/£610 .... later 2weeks out check showed as £540/£740)
Modded = Not modded before arrival at ICPL 3pm Friday
Received = Wellington Suite (room=520, ICPL's 4th best room)

Temp Room = 521 opposite Suite (held in case I arrived much earlier)
o Had to use 1500-1930 as to Reception Managers annoyance, existing guest decided to just stay with DNB , without informing/asking about late checkout.
o Existing guest contacted still in Suite, guest decided would leave room at 1630, and as a large/top suite ICPL needs 2hours to clean
o Interestingly said guest was currently at 40nights in wellington suite, and had extended several times on day of departure previously.
o Guest actually tried to extend but Manager had to politely refuse as all suites sold that weekend. I even heard manager tell that paying guest an Roya ambassador needed that room.
o Said guest rebooked themselves into 4Seasons opposite... Evem at 1830 I saw racks of clothes being removed from 520 by hotel staff to be moved to FourSeasons

How are the rooms?
o 109m Suite, width wise equivalent to 4x rooms, with front/l/h corner 3mx5m "missing" as where on enclosed set of lift/stairs for staff use located)

o 4m Entry Way (as Suite wrappes around staff stairs/lift in that corner)
o 4m walk to right to Toilet/WC with double wardrobe storage
o Main Suite straight ahead
a)bedroom to right (Storage/wardrobe cupboards + large safe), with ensuite bathroom (Toilet, Bidet, His n Hers Sinks, Large rectanguar walkin shower, bath). Storage/wardrobe cupboards + large safe
b)minibar on left (standard size)
o Main living room straight ahead (sofa, table, 2-armchairs, 60" TV)
o Extended Living Room to left (work desk, another sofa)
o Doors to Dining Room (large rectangular 8 seater table, side board) door to Kitchen
o Kitchen (electric oven/hot plates, microwave, fridge (no freezer/icebox comparment) , kettle, box of twinings teabags, kettle. (but no utensils, ie no cutlery/china/pots+pans)

How is the exec. lounge?
o Very much the same as always, though very busy as ICPL 100% on Suites

Did you receive a welcome gift?
o Water, Small Fruitplate (orange, apple banana), Usual Biscuit Cookie Box gift
o Very much delayed arrived 9pm .. apparently that ICPL Amenity Dept closes 4pm hence delay and small offering

How was the minibar?
o Standard minibar (size + contents)
o Usual 1 Moet piccolo and 1x screwtop white wine
o As usual ICPL replace 2beers with Heineken for me (except not Budweiser but Lonon Pale Ale which I also like). Also bought 2x extra Moet Piccolo's
o Despite 2x managers inspecting suite post cleaning, no minibar area unchecked as a)no drinking glasses b)missing contents (no chocs, no condom container, missing water/soda (all spirits in place)
o Just drank Moet/Pale Ale/Heineken/Sodas/Water, second day received 2x more Moet with other replacements

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
+ Exceptional Room Upgrade
+ Temp Room 521 directly opposite 520 Wellington Suite
+ Concierge team had my UPS Scuba Order Parcel (as delivered 9days earlier to ICPL). AND no hotel fee for said service ^... I gratefully tipped concierges £10 for their efforts on my behalf
+ Excellent Lounge receptionists) and lounge waiting/serving staff (as always). Lounge Angel the usual lady from Germany
+ Lounge angel offered me to come back later after 1930 and to still get champagne as was aware I lost out on evening moet due to room wait/moving issues
+ Two local UK newspapers automatically each day (as per stored profile)
+ Minibar mod from profile ... extra Heineken v Budweise + extra 2x Moet Piccolos

Neutral
o Wait for my room post 3pm .... Not totally Hotel Receptions fault, room was meant to be clear/available from 12 noon at latest... Except you'd think hotel would know these things in advance
o Same lounge upsell £78 rate as a solo guest v couples
o Would really love ICPL to get a new self-serve coffee machine that gives cappucino's. As it it stands have to ask lounge staff and wait (variable wait times, annoying in busy lounge) for what is a really nice cappucino... needs lounge coffee machine like at Marriott Manila !

-Bad
- Lack of comms from hotel when room not ready at expected 1830.. 1905 I thus gave up and rushed to lounge as evening drinks/food is 1730-1930

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
o Great Value I booked Bogo London Exec at £590/£610 and later rebooked at £540/£610
o If I had booked Bogo Superior/Deluxe and upselled Lounge 2x Nights (£78/night) would have cost £570, £30more and a lower starting Room for my RA upgrade ... AND although I would never have known I missed out, I obviously would not have then received exceptional Wellington Suite upgrade
o 4pm checkout without quibble even on a suite, no keycard issues, no "sneaky" phoneups/door knocks between 1200-1600 on a late checkout day
(Normally I'd go to wait in lounge after 2.30p but not this visit as only got room at 1930)

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
o In a heart beat. My bit of London Luxury (room rates permitting)
o Usual book 2nd/3rd Cat room (Superior or Deluxe) for frequent upgrade to either London Exec with Sofa, or Studio Suite (though full Suite not unknown) here or THEN I add upsell at $7/night for lounge
o Not unknown for me to get a full suite (deluxe suite even) from award night here though as a returning guest.
o Love the lounge kippers brekkie, despite paying same as couple do on my solo person stays

Last edited by scubaccr; Nov 28, 2016 at 12:16 am