FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:42 am
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Csfing1
How is your journey progressing?
Its going alright! I removed my previous post because I was sleepy and grumpy and in hindsight decided venting at that moment was not the best idea. Although DL agreed to allow me to use my just-expired GUCs on this trip it turns out no one processed them correctly. Landed in LAX at noon and app was telling me to check in with a agent vs online. Agent looked and apparently i had just been placed on the GUC waitlist without a GUC actually being applied, so the computer was requiring me to present a GUC in order to check in (even tho i was already upgraded on half the flights and waitlisted on the rest....). After about a half hour of her on the phone they agreed to just re-issue my ticket and fix it.

From there everything went great, 77k on the UD was fantastic. 2D on the 767 NRT-SIN was not quite as great as the 747 but the crew easily made up for it Landed about 45 min early (11:15 vs midnight) in SIN and made my way to Marina Bay Sands, had a couple drinks there (Flight, on the 57th floor/rooftop is amazing!) before heading back to the airport. Side note: Although it says the regular check-in counter opens at 3AM....they dont open till 3:55AM. A customer was standing here at 3:30AM and was told to come back a half hour later....he never moved from his place at the front of the closed SP lane......

THEN upon attempting to check in for my returns once the desk opened, it turned out that when they re-issued my ticket for the outbound it totally erased anything on my return tickets, and they ONLY extend one GUC. I showed them the email from DL confirming both were extended but they were unable to do anything so i had to call the DM line and spend another 20+ min having it redone again. Thankfully cleared into 6A SIN-NRT and am now sitting in the NRT lounge 1 of 3 for 3 seats.