FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blogs that post real tricks ?
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:06 am
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I've heard repeatedly that bank and airline personnel are keeping up with the latest hacks by being here on FT, reading the blogs, and attending the FTU's, so, they are on to our tricks.
If there are any "hidden" tricks they probably have a lot more risk now-a-days vs the hidden tricks from back in 2010. When I say risk... I'm referring to risking the deal getting shut down, I mean risking losing your accounts or worse.

A blogger has learned to filter what they put out to readers. They have to evaluate their own self gain. If a reader shares a great deal they have to decide how much money it will make them if they release the info. Even if they get deals shut down, they will be the "go to" spot for new hidden deals. This drives traffic and increases their income. There are other deals that are so risky that they don't want to be held liable if things go wrong for their readers or risk hurting their relationship with advertisers and banks. There are other deals where they want to actually use them and not have them killed... or maybe aren't very ethical.

I've seen some posts from Dan's Deals, Frequent Miler, and Doctor of Credit where they were aware of certain deals, tips, and tricks and decide that it wasn't in the readers best interest to release the info. I've always had respect for them. There are other bloggers like Ben at OMAAT who didn't release info on certain deals and tricks because they relied on them in order to maintain their lifestyle and livelihood. In his first years he was milking the United scheme that got him "banned" for several years. How many miles/flights and status did that deal earn him? I bet you it helped him financially early on with his blog.

Your best bet is to get into the private/secret Facebook and Reddit groups. Even then, don't expect anything Earth shattering when it comes to deals. You may just have a leg up on other people and get in on stuff earlier.