FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:08 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
IC Düsseldorf

IC Düsseldorf

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked the cheapest King bed superior room and received an upgrade to King bed deluxe on the day we arrived and then a further upgrade to a King bed executive suite at check in.

How are the rooms? The suite was huge. We had two separate rooms. The first was an entry hall and sitting area with a sofa, desk and TV. There was a Nespresso machine with six assorted capsules plus a kettle and teabags. The bedroom had a large bed with two duvets, arm chair with a second TV and dressing area. There was a balcony the width of the room with access from both the bedroom and sitting area. The bathroom was well appointed with a separate rain forest shower and L'Occitane amenities.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Bad - There was no access to the pool for under 18s. I booked the hotel for my little boy's birthday treat and he was bitterly disappointed. We received the suite upgrade as service recovery as the under 18 policy was not stated on the website.
Good - Breakfast was yum, €31 for the two of us. Lots of choice plus sparkling wine. Our welcome gift was a bottle of white wine for me and a birthday cake, fruit and nuts plus a smoothie and bag of snacks for my son and some kiddie bathroom treats (crocodile soap, a wash mitt, body wash and body milk). There were two bottles of water in the room plus we were offered a 6pm check out instead of the normal 4pm.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We received a discount of €50 on the room rate for the lack of swimming. At €112 we will be back, no hesitation.