FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:33 am
johhenrik

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
IC O2 London

IC O2, London Oct 5-7

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest and got a Riverview Club InterContinental Suite on the 11th floor.

How are the rooms?
It's a one bedroom suite. I have problems with the lighting though. The lamp on the desk lives it's own life. Turns off and on when it feels like it.

How is the exec. lounge?
Not bad. I usually never have time for the lounge, but this stay I actually managed to visit it both days. The lounge is big and there were not many people frequenting it. On the first day, it seemed to be only 3 rooms with lounge access, judging by the list where she crossed me off. The staff was good and very polite and the selection of drinks was normal. Nothing special. The canapés they served was really good I thought.

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- It's brand new
- Nice upgrade to a club suite.

BAD
- The lighting in the room. I am typing this in the room at the moment and the light on the desk just turned off again...

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, if I need to be in the area again, sure. And truth be told, getting in to for example Monument/Bank on Jubilee is a quick trip, so it's not so bad.