FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:02 am
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
IC Amstel

IC Amstel Amsterdam

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Cheapest room on points --> upgraded to a "Penthouse Suite" (with river view) visible online a few days before.

How are the rooms?
Very traditional but vey nice. This was a split level suite, with ground floor entrance area, sofa, desk, TV, minibar, coffee machine (one of those stupid Illy ones - over-engineered!) then upstairs to bedroom with further TV, small balcony with direct view of river, bathroom with separate bath and tub.

Main thing is the decor is traditional, lots of art on walls, and ornate. Very very upmarket feel to hotel and this was my first stay at the Amstel.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
Service on arrival was top class. Arrived on foot from metro, was met at the door and offered assistance, went to Ambassador desk and took a seat. I would say the service was probably a bit TOO much for me - i.e. the lady was very nice but I asked for a map and she insisted on walking me over to the concierge and introducing me and getting me a map and I just felt a bit like a muppet because I didn't want any assistance, just a map! I was shown to my room and she went through all of the features with me, explained all of the Ambassador benefits - she did point out that the upgrade was an exception not the rule.

Can't criticise anything about the hotel. This is clearly one of the true 5* properties in IC's portfolio that has nothing to prove but still goes above and beyond. This stay really did exceed my expectations in every way.

My only comment is that the location is slightly off centre but I would return again - certainly a great hotel if you want a weekend away.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Excellent value for points!!! Better to be lucky than rich