FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experience (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:17 pm
jpdx
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

CP Kanazawa

CP Kanazawa

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Meh.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Standard, requested room with one large bed (noting that I’m 195cm tall), received room with two small beds. Apparently, no King or Queen beds available. Was given high-floor room, but couldn't have been larger than 20sqm.

How are the rooms?

Small, with a tiny window. The hotel oozes that typical un-renovated Japanese charm, but the room seems to have been through a minor update in the last decade. It’s not nearly as nice or modern as some of the rooms pictured on the website, though.

How is the exec. lounge?

I don’t think there is one. No club benefits granted. Received a 10% off coupon for drinks (and I’m fairly certain everybody gets that).

What was good and what was bad?

No elite recognition except for one 350ml water bottle (plus perhaps minimal upgrade to higher floor). Friendly staff, but generally poor English. OK location next to the train station, but not walking distance to the sights.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Poor value. Rate was almost 20k yen, without breakfast. No benefits, old hotel, mediocre location ... next time, I’d try the HI, which is closer to downtown and can’t be much worse in terms of rooms and benefits, and costs half as much.