FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:46 pm
jongesander

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
IC San Francisco

IC SFO

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked a junior suite and got upgraded to a one bedroom suite.

How are the rooms?

Very nice view over San Francisco. Room is also large, bathroom is very nice (even with a TV).

How is the exec. lounge?

Great! Very nice staff and nice food all over the day. They serve a nice breakfast (hot and cold)

What was good and what was bad?

good:

- Nice lounge and lounge staff;
- Great view from the room;

bad:

- The most unpersonal approach I've ever had in a IHG property. Even in the most simple HIX properties they have a small letter or such a thing. Not here;
- Check in was very unpersonal as well;
- Before this stay, I've email them (because it was a special occasion). Very enthousiast response and they promised me to upgrade us "as far as possible". We heard nothing about this. When we came in the room, it was cold and dark. No welcome gift or anyting. After complaining, they brought fruit and a bottle of champagne. The latter was nice, but I still wasn't very happy about this.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

Paid $ 500,00 ex. tax for the room, applied a Free weekend night cert. We have to pay for the lounge ($ 50,00 a day). Given the fact the price for a junior suite dropped to $ 330,00 a night, I've better choosen that rate. I wouldn't return because I missed a personal touch during this stay.