FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:12 pm
flaii

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
I'm usually a Star Alliance flyer, but thanks to Chase Ultimate Rewards points, I've been flying Iberia a bunch recently (transferring via British Airways). There was only business class available on a recent itinerary, so was glad to try out business on Iberia for the first time!

NCE-MAD operated by Iberia Express
A320
6:20pm departure

First, the flight attendant came around with glasses of orange juice for everyone. I think if you wanted something else they would have brought it to you.

Then they came around asking if we wanted to have dinner, and what beverage we wanted to accompany dinner. There wasn't a choice of meals, but the duck leg was excellent! It was served with zucchini and eggplant, and a tomato, a cucumber and feta salad, and a cake filled with chocolate. Choice of wheat or white rolls, with butter and little bottle of organic olive oil and vinegar.

This was followed by an offer of coffee or tea, and finally squares of milk and dark chocolate offered on a tray.

Service was really excellent, with the crew always smiling and very polite.

MAD-VLC operated by Air Nostrum
CRJ1000
10:55pm departure

This flight DID offer a choice of snack to my surprise, but I thought it was funny that there was only one of each option boarded - either meat sandwich (I assume) or cheese sandwich. I assume the other one was some kind of chorizo or lomo, because the only other passenger in business was presented with both options on a tray, and he selected that one. Then the flight attendant turned to me, showed me the cheese sandwich, and said "This is all we have left."

I was perfectly fine with the cheese sandwich (bread was dry, so mainly ate just the bottom part with the one slice of cheese), but kind of wondered why bother with even having a choice on such a short flight with so few passengers, especially since the longer flight with hot meal service didn't have an option?

All in all a nice first experience with Iberia intra-Europe business class!
Attached Images