FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:06 am
koriobg

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
IC Frankfurt

IC Frankfurt

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked BOGO Club Studio King, received Panorama Suit.

How are the rooms?

The suit was perfect, located on the Sky Line side/corner on the 11th floor. I believe it was a better choice due to the ongoing festival on river Main. Comfortable beds, modern interior and Agraria bath amenities made my stay a pleasant one. I was surprised how fast and efficient was the AC system (it was 30+ degrees outside during my stay).

How is the exec. lounge?

The lounge was great, providing continental breakfast, snacks during the day and warm dinner at evening. Because it was small, I was surprised it was not overcrowded. There were tables outside where you can enjoy river Main while reading a book.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Almost everything. I saw several days before the trip upgrade to Club Suite and upon arrival it was changed to even bigger Panorama Suite. The check-in was quick and Ms Melanie Goldberg from Customer Relations welcomed us and set a really great first impression for my stay. The suit was outstanding and I received a bottle of wine as a present. I was happy with almost (see below) of the staff, as they were efficient and courteous.

Bad:

I had a strange check-out experience. Upon late check-out (~14:30) stating one of my rooms (1101 - the suit was composed by 1101 and 1103) there was nobody else but myself at the front desk and the person asked me whether there was something new. I advised I had an additional bottle of Vodka (on the top of the Info Invoice I received in the morning) from the minibar and he asked me whether I want to pay in cash or by card. I requested to pay by card and asked whether this can be associated to the room bill. I didn't understand the response and was ok to pay separately, so the person continued with the operation and gave me an envelope with the invoice. At the hotel lobby I decided to check the invoice and was surprised it contained only the bottle of Vodka. Upon my return the person that I checked out with was busy with other guest and I advised his colleague that I just checked out and I didn't receive an invoice (again giving 1101). He said no problem and gave me an invoice. I was again surprised the invoice was the same as the first one (only 1 bottle of Vodka) and asked whether I can receive an invoice for my actual stay. At this stage the person told me his colleague didn't realize this is a Panorama Suit and gave me an invoice for my stay and requested my card for payment.
It is true that the invoice contains 1103 as a room number, however my common sense is telling me that if I am checking out (and handing over the access cards) I can tell both numbers and the agent shall check whether this is a single room or part of a suit and shall ask me whether I need an invoice (as I was always did). I am just wondering what was going to happen if I didn't return, receive a 2 nights stay for the price of an item from the minibar (as I was requested to pay upon my 2nd return and just had a pre-auth before that)? The interesting thing is that my final invoice didn't contain my original minibar consumption (which was part of the Info Invoice received), however I was hurry for my flight, so I am going to ask the hotel how we can settle the non-billed items.

Update: Upon contacting the hotel, received a very professional response + waiving the additional charges + additional 5000 points. I really believe the above this was a one-off exception.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

IC Frankfurt always amazes me with it's low rates (starting from ~100EUR Best-Flexible), while providing an excellent service. In case I am going back to Frankfurt, I will definitely stay there again, however will predict a little bit more time for check-out or just use the Club Lounge for check-out.

Last edited by koriobg; Sep 6, 2016 at 1:57 am