FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2016)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:06 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Presidente InterContinental Mexico City

- What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest advance rate and was upgraded to a Club King Bed Suite with view over Chapultepec park

- How are the rooms?
Around 50 sqm

Recently renovated in an elegant contemporary design.

Seating area with desk (multi port usb device), corner sofa
Night light which switches on automatically when you walk in the room

Flat screen television set, with basic selection of international channels (quality of the image is pretty poor)

Bedroom with very comfortable bed (and incredibly soft bed sheets).
Desk
iPhone dock

Large bathroom with separate walk-in rain shower and separate toilets (in addition to the toilets next to the entry door of the seating area).
Dressing area (with again amazingly soft bathrobe)
Great soaking bathtub
Occitane Mer & Mistral amenities

Very quiet.
Superb view over Chapultepec park and the city
Fast wifi

- How is the exec. lounge?
  • Simply excellent : very large, with elegant interior design : seating areas, dining area, PCs, magazine
  • Attentive and friendly staff
  • Very good breakfast with option changing every day + à la carte eggs station, served until 11am
  • Very good evening food (4 hot dishes, cold selection, excellent pastries) served until 11pm

- What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
  • Impressive renovation of the hotel: elegant contemporary design
  • Luxurious atmosphere
  • Friendly staff
  • Choice of multiple in-house restaurants
  • Excellent club lounge
  • Location in the most selective area of the city, with massive choice of restaurants, bars, trendy shops, art galleries. I would recommend Quintonil, with superb dégustation menu.
  • Very nice spa and fitness centre with impressice equipment
  • Great hotel's limousine driver who helped me to catch my flight despite late departure of the hotel and terrible traffic jams.

BAD
  • As you cannot change the language of cable channels, there is basically only one English speaking channel (HBO PLus) apart from news channels
  • Service is generally attentive and smiling. Still, I would have expected that bellboys will come with umbrellas and meet guests when arriving by cab under the rain, rather than speaking together and not giving assistance to the guests

- Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Yes, indeed

Pictures of the city

Pictures of the hotel

Last edited by nicolas75; Aug 19, 2016 at 12:26 pm